Beef Cheese SandwichServes 1
- For the coleslaw:
- ½ cup red cabbage (can also substitute with green cabbage)
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tblsps sugar
- 2 tblsps vinegar
- For the sandwich
- 250 gms beef strips
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 brown subway bun
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or plain mustard
- 1 slice cheese
- Make the coleslaw by mixing red cabbage, carrots and yogurt, vinegar and sugar. Put in the fridge to let the flavors meld.
- Marinate beef with salt, pepper and Worcestershire Sauce. Leave to marinate for minimum 30 mins.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and fry the beef till done, about 7-8 minutes. Make sure the water runs dry and the beef is tender.
- Cut the bun in half and spread both sides with mustard. Layer the beef, coleslaw and cheese on one side and cover with the other half of the bun
- Toast the sandwich on a hot non stick pan, slice in half and serve with extra coleslaw.