Tomato sauce is the base of many Italian dishes and it is made from the cheapest ingredients but delivering on excellent flavor. Use as a base for pizza, a pasta sauce or a marinara dip for mozzarella sticks and onion rings.
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Saute onions till soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and continue to fry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the tomatoes. Cook sauce for 20 minutes, until water evaporates. Add in the Italian seasoning.
- Use on mini pizzas or as a pasta sauce.
- Store in a jar for 2 weeks.
Watch video here: