Broccoli and Carrot Salad
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Boil the carrots and broccoli in boiling water till tender and the colors are bright. Drain the vegetables and soak in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Toast the walnuts on a non stick pan till charred on the edges.
- Mix the oil, honey, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing on the vegetables and scatter the walnuts on top.